Monday 14 October 2013

House of Hades, by Rick Riordan

Oh, my.
Uncle Rick, I don't think any of your books have messed with my emotions this much since... Ever. 
Warning to all y'all reading this: SPOILERS.

Nico. That just... Grr... Now, I know gay people. I know that it's out there. I don't hate gay people.  Buuuut, this is Nico. I love Nico. I had a fictional character crush on him. I didn't see that coming (well, until like the chapter before.

Caleo. As soon as he landed I was like "I know this place. Oh, no. He'll never leave."
And then they started fighting. And I was like "Well, okay..."
When they started helping each other, and being like, friends, that was when I was like, "YESYESYESYES." Third best couple in these books. u_u the first two being Tysella and Percabeth. ;) But Leo, swearing on the Styx.... Gahhhhhh, don't you dare die on me, my love. 

Hedge being a dad. I KNEW IT. HOORAY!!!!!!! :D

Beautiful Percabeth. Best. Couple. Ever. I want a relationship like that sooo much. They have so much trust and love, and contrary to most couples in books, they aren't making out every five seconds. I love them.

Frank getting epic and tough and... attractive. Well, that was unexpected. I'm so proud of him. And kinda sad. (Yes I know he's a fictional character. Hush.)

In this book, more than any others, I saw the characters changing. Jason seemed waaaay more Greek. Percy seemed... Older. More broken. Annabeth had to make some serious choices. Frank grew up. And he gained something and lost something from that. Leo got less joking and more mature. Hazel got stronger. Piper, too. They all seem more confident. 
And then there's Nico. 
Still not sure how I feel about that. >_>

And Bob. :( yes, I knew that would happen, but still. No. At least it's better than Percy or Annabeth. 

Honestly, I looooooooved the whole book, except the Nico part.

I've been reading Percy Jackson since I was like in sixth grade. That's like...  five years? They are my childhood. I grew up with Percy and Annabeth. And now that they're growing up and changing... It's weird. I think most of the people who read the books are like that. We started reading the books when we were little and innocent, and now we're... not. And neither are the characters.

My little brother and sister are reading the first couple of Percy Jackson books. And I feel so weird to think that I was that little once. I'M ONLY SIXTEEN I SHOULD NOT FEEL THIS OLD.

So. Yes. Excellent book. Surprising, but excellent. 

No comments:

Post a Comment